A USB drive that is not visible is the most common problem connected to the external device. It may appear because of several reasons and you can avail of several causes, symptoms fixes for the problem. Here we will offer a helpful method to reach the files using the USB drive with the EaseUS. The USB drive may not be visible on This PC but appears in Disk Management on Windows 10. If the issue causes in the external hard drive, pen drive, or the panel of hard drive, the resolution will be similar. Try to reconnect the USB drive to the Windows 10 PC if it is not visible in This PC or the File Explorer.
It can create a scenario where you are unable to access files. It can happen when any settings changes usually or after the attack of malware as well as it may also occur after the Windows upgrade. If you want to fix the issue, then this post might be useful for you. Read the blog and follow the instructions to execute it.
USB Drive Is Not Visible on This PC
If the USB drive appears on Disk Management, then it indicates that Windows can still discover the drive. But because for several reasons, it cannot make it visible on the File Explorer as thought. You have to select the drive letter to a USB drive or a partition to make it appear in This PC. In such a case, you may use Disk management, which is accessible in Disk Management.
If you want to make visible the USB drive, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Launch Computer Management.
- Navigate to the Disk Management
- Right-click the USB drive.
- Choose the Change Drive Letter and the Paths
- Select the Add button option.
- Press the Drive letter.
Firstly ensure that the USB drive is connected to it.
If you want to visible the USB, then abide by the given steps:
- Launch the File Explorer.
- Right-click the This PC option at the left side.
- Choose the Manage option.
- Then you can locate the Computer Management at the Taskbar search bar.
- Launch the result.
- Then navigate to the Storage.
- Press the Disk Management button.
- Then you will locate the USB drive, which is not visible on This PC.
- You have to the right-click on the USB drive and then choose the modify Drive Letter and Path button.
- Then the Add button will be visible to you. Tap on it and then choose the Drive letter option from a drop-down section.
- Hit the OK option and then exit.
This may solve the problem. Moreover, you can choose the drive letter option, which is accessible on the drop-down list. Once you have hit the OK option, then it will not take that much time for the system to select the Drive letter to a USB drive. As the procedure finishes, you can locate the ESB drive in This PC, and then you can access the files properly.
Ava Williams is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Mcafee products at mcafee.com/activate.
Source : USB Drive